Thursday, November 5, 2015

Back to Bible Times

To finish off our book unit, we have talked about Bible stories this week. On Monday we talked about Queen Esther and the bravery she had. We then did a little pretending and acted like Kings and Queens with out scepters and made good rules for our kingdom!

On Tuesday we talked about the story of the spies and Rahab. We discussed what it meant to be a spy, and wrote secret messages together using white crayons and paint. It was fun to be sneaky for a day! For snack time we made houses out of graham crackers and used Twizzlers for the the red rope. It was a hit!








Thursday was all about Elisha and the widow, the miracle where God multiplied oil. We discussed what oil was and it's many uses now and in Bible times. We did a little experiment showing how oil can't mix with water. Miss Susan from the library also came today, which is always a treat!

In phonics we have be continuing to learn our letters. This week was all about the letter "l". We learned many new words that start with "l" and also talker about the endings "ill" and "ell". We've been continuing to read, and the books are definitely getting harder! But, the students have shown that they're up to the task! Any reading at home is always beneficial though!

Finishing our time unit, we have moved into talking about 30 number family. We also started a new concept of ten's and one's columns. It's neat to see math foundations forming.

For a craft this week we made and painted our own clay pots. After HOURS of cooking, I think they're finally hard enough to take home! I can't wait to hear what all they put in their bowls!




I hope everyone has an amazing weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I know more easier way how to spy your kids cell phone text messages https://mxspy.com/spy-text-messages/ this is my favorite cell phone spy app, one I'm using it for a half of year and I'm glad about it. Try to, hope it will be useful for you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently found a software that could spy on everything that is happening on the phone. I tested it on my daughter. I secretly installed this https://spyontextmessages.net/ on her phone. The result exceeded expectations. I did not think it was possible. Some programs are protected from this.

    ReplyDelete